Today I went to lunch with Danielle Johnston. She is a friend of mine in our ward, but she's also the one who referred us to Dr. Peterson. She and her husband Sam conceived their two children using the ICSI type of IVF that we'll be undergoing in just a couple of weeks.
Just like with Leslie, I'm glad to have a friend who has been through everything I have been going through. It is comforting to have other women who have struggled both physically and emotionally for years while trying to have children of their own. Knowing that my feelings and frustrations aren't unique to me can be a great comfort sometimes. It's even better that these two wonderful women have also gone through the IVF portion, too.
And fertility aside, I just like talking with these funny ladies. We're friends because we like each other and view the world the same way, not just because we struggled to have kids.
Just like with Leslie, I'm glad to have a friend who has been through everything I have been going through. It is comforting to have other women who have struggled both physically and emotionally for years while trying to have children of their own. Knowing that my feelings and frustrations aren't unique to me can be a great comfort sometimes. It's even better that these two wonderful women have also gone through the IVF portion, too.
And fertility aside, I just like talking with these funny ladies. We're friends because we like each other and view the world the same way, not just because we struggled to have kids.
Comments
Post a Comment