Skip to main content

Ordering the drugs

When I had my last IUI performed, Dr. Peterson's office sent all my prescriptions to Freedom Pharmacy, an online pharmacy that only supplies infertility drugs. I was genuinely surprised at just how much less expensive the cost was compared to my regular grocery store pharmacy! I had already filled the prescriptions, but I knew that if I ever needed more, I'd be using Freedom Pharmacy.

With the IVF we're currently pursuing, Dr. Peterson again sent the prescriptions to Freedom Pharmacy. The employee on the phone mentioned that I should apply for an online discount program to see if I could lower the cost any further. So Mike and I sent last year's tax return to an organization called Compassionate Care, and found out we qualified for a 25% discount on some of our medications. Every little bit helps, right?

I ordered the medications today, and I was quoted around $4480. We'll see what the cost really is when the box of needles arrives.

Comments