Skip to main content

Calling Leslie


These are our good friends, Bill and Leslie Ginn, and their three girls. They are our best friends in the world. We were in the same ward in Memphis, and they and their families became our family while we were so far from home.

Like us, they struggled to have children. They adopted their oldest, Taya, when she was six years old. After two adoptions that fell through, they added Millie as an infant. Last summer, they conceived and had their youngest, Evie.

We had already left Memphis by the time Millie and Evie came along, but we've stayed in close contact with Bill and Leslie. Last summer, we visited them in Memphis, and Leslie described the process they went through to conceive Evie. I knew it was IVF, but since I wasn't well-versed in all the lingo at the time, I didn't understand it all. However, after Dr. Peterson explained ICSI to us, I realized this is exactly what Bill and Leslie went through!

I called Leslie today to catch up on life, but also to let them know that Mike and I are pursuing the exact same IVF treatment they used. Of course, she was excited! I just like knowing that my best friend has gone through exactly what I'll be going through. I know I have someone to talk to that will understand it all!

Comments